Pages



Friday 1 July 2016

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer & Hello Light Liquid Brightener Review & Swatches

I have forever been struggling with dark circles and under eye bags, especially with having fairly pale skin, I feel as though they are very noticeable and are a big insecurity for me. So when I saw LustreLux (Katy) and Desi Perkins recommend this product by It Cosmetics and seeing on camera how amazing it was, I knew I needed to give it a try!
So I went into Sephora to try and tack it down. I tried the testers and decided I was colour Neutral Medium which surprised me, as I am usually the palest shade for concealer, but the pale shade would be perfect for those with almost porcelain like skin. However, after spending the time to pick the perfect shade I realised that the shade I needed was out of stock! Luckily, a lovely employee at Sephora pointed me in the direction of this product, which has the exact same concealer on one end and the Hello Light eye brightener on the other. It was in stock in my shade and the brightener intrigued me so I purchased it.
Within SECONDS of applying this under my eye, I looked like a completely different person. I don't think a product has EVER made me look so well rested, give such complete and flawless coverage and not look cakey! It brightens, it lifts, it almost widens the eye and just makes you look as though you've had a months worth of perfect sleep.



Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer - 'Neutral Medium'
The concealer has a fairly thick consistency, which worried me at first but it actually blends really really well. It has a very very slight pink/peach undertone that cancels out any blue/purpleness under the eye. Because its thick, you only need a tiny amount and I do think it needs to be set with a
light translucent powder


Hello Light Liquid Brightener - 'Light Radiance' 
This product was a big surprise for me, when applied lightly over the top of the concealer, it just finishes and lifts the whole look, taking it from a perfectly concealed under eye to a bright and awake under eye. Again with this product, you only need a little bit, however it is a lot thinner in consistency compared to the concealer. Bonus, it can be used to brighten any area of the face!


How I apply
I apply 4 little dots of the Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer around my under eye, making sure one is on the inner corner and another is on the  outer corner. I then use my ring finger to blend it out lightly and blend it down slightly. I know some people use a brush, but I find that the product is quite thick and the warmth of your fingers melts it down into the skin a little better. I then apply 3 to 4 little dots of the Under Eye Brightener a little bit under where I placed the concealer. I do this because i want to brighten that area of my face not just cover up where I applied the concealer. I find that this approach creates a really lovely wide awake and brightened look around my eyes and on the centre of my face. You could also use the brightener to brighten other parts of your face like the centre of your forehead, down your nose, on your chin and above your cupids bow.

I cannot use this product without setting it. I love the Laura Mercier Pressed Translucent powder which I apply with a small domed fluffy duo fiber brush, like this one from Zoeva. I swirl the brush in the product and lightly press it under my eye. Avoid sweeping the brush as this can move around the product which you don't want!





Packaging 
The packaging is really nice, very simple and sleek, i like that there is a clear bit at the end so you can see the colour. Like all makeup packaging it gets a bit dirty and this kind of material does show fingerprints easily but i don't really mind. The applicators are really good, soft and don't soak up too much product, allowing for easy application

Price
The original Bye Bye Under eye is $38 (AUD) and has 0.28fl.oz of product whilst this has 0.19fl.oz  of each product, so 0.38fl.oz in total for *i think* $42(AUD). It lasts a super long time as a little goes such a long way. If you just want to try the product than this is a great alternative because you get 2 products in one to try for the same price.

Pros
I have really bad dark circles, especially on the sides of my nose where its quite purple. I have tried every product under the sun and nothing gives enough coverage or colour corrects better than this bad boy. It brightens my eyes, fakes a good 8 hour sleep and makes me look awake and healthy which is always a bonus! The brightener is great over the top as it adds to the colour correcting coverage of the concealer and brightens the whole under eye area whilst still looking natural.

Cons
I've found if i wear a lot of mascara on my bottom lashes it can transfer and smudge a bit by the end of the day and look a little messy, but if I wear waterproof mascara this issue doesn't occur. Because it is such a thick product it does crease a little bit, but if you use an under eye setting powder straight after applying it then it doesn't crease much at all.

After
Before
Overall Opinion - I can't imaging doing my makeup without this now, nothing covers up my under eyes better and nothing looks as flawless. Definitely a must have for anyone wanting to conceal under eye circles and brighten under the eyes!


Until next time,

Anya xx

No comments :

Post a Comment