Pages



Tuesday 5 July 2016

Bare Minerals Skinsorials Skin Care Collection


Anyone who uses Bare Minerals makeup products knows that the mineral based products offer fantastic skin care benefits, so it only makes sense that they come out with a skin care collection!
The skin care collection was created to be a 3 part system filled with naturally derived and effective ingredients with gorgeous textures that provides visible changes in skins texture, glow and overall appearance as well as accumulating preventative ageing benefits.



Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion
A serum cross emulation that is unlike any other product. It is essentially a serum that can be used with any combination of the other products and suits all skin times. Its key features and benefits is that it empowers the skin by promoting vitality, replenishes the skin through infusing it with moisture, It renews the skin through reawakening the look of youth, diminishing the appearance of lines and wrinkles whilst fortifying by enhancing the skins resilience. It is a modern fluid serum that is lighter than traditional serums but rich in substance. It consists of the Long Lift Herb Extract, found in the Okinawa Islands of Japan, one of the places renowned for plants and ingredients that increase life, and over 25% of the occupants live well over 100 years of age. Among this, there is also Lempuyang ginger extract and Californian Poppy extract, which when combined with the long Lift Herb Extract replenish the skin to look younger, glowing, healthier and improve overall skin surface appearance and texture.


Collection 1 - Normal Skin/ All skin Types

Pure Plush Gentle Deep Cleansing Foam
This cleanser removes eye and face makeup along with impurities and deeply, yet gently cleans the skin. Skin feels refreshed, balanced and healthy looking. The texture is cream like that lathers with water. Its core ingredients are elderflower extract, rosemary extract and mineral rich Sea Salts. The Rosemary, Elderflower and Grapefruit provide natural fragrance as well as removing impurities. Lauric Acid uses water to remove excess oil, which is currently being researched as a gentle way to break down acne.
This is a great every day cleanser as it isn't too heavy or harsh on the skin. I used this primarily in the mornings to prep my skin for makeup and it did a great job at refreshing my skin and ensuring my skin was beautifully clean before I put on any makeup.

Bare Haven Essential Moisturising Soft Cream
This moisturiser infuses essential moisture to comfort and nourish the skin and gives the skin a natural healthy looking glow. It improves skins roughness and helps diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Its core ingredient is St Johns Wort which is an anti irritant, anti acne and anti inflammatory that heals and smoothes skin. It is also suitable for sensitive skin.

Initial Review
After first use of the cleanser, I really enjoyed how what started as a cream developed into a really thick lather, you definitely feel that your skin is clean after using it.

The moisturiser was really soft and hydrating,  it wasn't greasy or too thick so was a breeze to apply makeup on top afterwards. My skin can feel tight sometimes after cleansing so this was great to just seal in all the moisture

1 week on review
This cleanser was really lovely in the morning as it was so refreshing and made my skin feel very clean. However, I have dry congested skin so I would still need to use a mask or treatment or something a little stronger to clear out my skin as well as hydrating it. I love this cleanser for a basic every day when I can't be bothered to do much to my skin but still want it to feel clean. Definitely a great basic, all rounder cleanser that would suit many skin types

This moisturiser is great for every day and would suit many skin tones. My skin did feel hydrated and refreshed and i loved using it in the morning before makeup. That being said, I have quite dry skin and if I were to use this morning and night, i would need to follow with a  richer, more hydrating night cream. So I prefer to use this just in the morning or after cleansing just because I needed a little more hydration at night.

Collection 2 - Dry Skin


Oil Obsessed Total Cleansing Oil
This light weight sheer oil that transforms into a mile emulsion with water lifts away all traces of makeup and dissolves impurities. It leaves skin feeling smooth and soft as well as deeply hydrated with a combination of oils including Borage Oil, sunflower oil, cucumber oil and mineral rich sea salts. These combine to deeply nourish the skin, the cucumber encourages skins resilience and the sea salts (Which are in all the cleansers) help purify and refine the skin.

Butter Drench Restorative Rich Cream
A rich, luxurious buttery cream that helps rejuvenate and renew skins overall resilience and radiance. It improves skins roughness and helps diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles whilst leaving skin feeling exceptional smooth, soft and supple. Key ingredients include Shea butter, peptide blend and ceremides which prevent moisture loss and deeply hydrate the skin


Initial Review
Ive only used a couple oil cleansers and have never been a fan, that being said I was super excited to try this one as I have super dehydrated skin and Oil cleansers are a fantastic way to increase moisture in every step of my skincare routine. My skin felt incredible when I first put it on my skin, it melted away finals traces of makeup. (I never fully rely on a cleanser to remove my makeup, so I use either a Micellar Water or a makeup remover before cleansing) After rubbing it into my skin I applied some water and it changed immediately into a milky emulsion. After washing it all off with water and a wash cloth, I was surprised that my skin didn't look super oily but still felt very soft and hydrated.

This moisturiser was very thick and applied like a dream, very buttery in consistency and very rich. My skin felt super smooth and soft and all roughness was gone! That being said, I felt it on my skin for quite a while after I applied and whilst it didn't look greasy, I could definitely still feel it there which I don't really like for a morning moisturiser

1 week on review
This cleanser is definitely one of my favourites in the collection, my skin looked amazing and was very soft, radiant and hydrated. My skin felt clean and not oily at all. Whilst I like to mix it up because I need something that addresses spots and congestion, this is definitely a product I will mix into my everyday skincare routine when my skin needs to feel a little more hydrated.

After a week, i noticed a huge difference in my skin, it was super supple and hydrated and I had no dry patches which is great for when applying makeup. However, because it is so rich and has a large quantity of Shea butter, it sits on the skin for quite a while before sinking in so I prefer to use it at night and let it sink in just because it is a bit rich to apply in the morning before makeup.

Collection 3 - Combination Skin


Clay Chameleon Transforming Purifying Cleanser

This cleanser is a red clay cleanser that deeply purifies, detoxifies whilst still being soft and gentle. It also removes face and eye makeup. It starts off as a clay then with water it forms a soft lather. Key ingredients include Brazilian red clay, papaya extract, bamboo extract and mineral rich sea salts. These ingredients deeply purify and detoxify the skin to improve skins clarity.


Smart Combination Smoothing Light Weight Emulsion
This moisturising emulsion replenishes moisture levels for healthy balanced skin whilst leaving skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth. It also improves skins roughness and help finish fine lines. Its Key ingredient Is St Johns Wort which defend the skin against signs of damage and rehydrates dry, damaged skin.


Initial Review
I love clay cleanser and this one certainly didn't disappoint. After rubbing it into my skin and then lathering it with some water and washing it away with a wash cloth, my skin looked and felt incredible! My pores were cleared and smaller, my skin felt really fresh and i loved the consistency. You definitely have to follow this with a moisturiser as it does a great job of clearing out your skin but doesn't add any hydration and my skin felt a little tight after using it, but felt great after following with the moisturiser.

The smart Combination light weight Emulsion was really great at adding hydration and removing unnecessary texture and roughness. My skin did look quite glowy but it didn't sink into my skin right away which i usually prefer. The combination of this with the cleanser made my skin feel really lovely and clean which was great.

1 week on review
This, along with the oil cleanser was one of my favourites in the collection. My skin felt balanced, detoxified and there was a definite reduction in break outs and congestion around my nose, chin and cheeks. I loved the feeling of the cleanser and the clay and it did a great job of clearing out my skin. I can definitely see myself adding this one with the oil cleanser into my every day routine and swapping between this one and the oil cleanser and both combined would address the congestion and the dryness in my skin.

If you had combination skin and wanted hydration without looking shiny then this would definitely be the one for you. I really enjoyed it, it was very soft and lightweight and applied well under makeup. However, with dryer skin, there wasn't enough hydration in this one for me to use it every day on its own.

Collection 4 - Oily Skin

Blemish Ready Acne Treatment Gelee Cleanser
A clear gel like cleanser that for a lather with water that deeply cleans skin to clear away existing blemishes whilst preventing future blemishes. Key ingredients include Ginger extract, salicylic acid, peppermint extract and mineral rich sea salts. Salicylic acid fights acne at the source and prevents new flare ups from forming as well as declogging pores. The ginger and peppermint treat exciting blemishes and prevents future ones as well as service as a natural fragrance

True Oasis Oil-Free Replenishing Gel Cream
Skin looks and feels revived, fresh and soft an smooth. It improves roughness and diminish the appearance of fine lines. Its a lightweight bouncy gel consistency that leaves skin feeling refreshed and moisturised. Its key ingredients include a skin renewing complex featuring Algae Extract, as well as peptide blend and ceramics which assist in hydration by preventing moisture loss, nourish skin, improve texture and enhance resilience without adding excess oil.


Initial Review
The texture of this was really nice, I could definitely tell my skin had a really deep clean, that being said it felt a little tight after using it. If you had oily or acne prone skin, this would be great at removing a days worth of impurities and excess oil and sebum

This moisturiser was really nice and refreshing. It did leave my skin moisturised and soft but at night I definitely needed more hydration

1 week on review
My skin definitely cleared up and I didn't get any new break outs whilst using it which is always great! But it didn't do much for my dry patches as the product definitely dries out any active blemishes.

The moisturiser would be great if you had more acne prone skin as it adds some hydration to the skin which reduces the likelihood of acne scaring which is great. It was nice under makeup as it isn't thick or greasy. However, because I have dry skin, it just wasn't enough hydration but would be great for someone with combo skin!

Overall Opinion
Overall, I was really happy with these products, whilst some obviously aren't suited to my skin type, nothing irritated my skin and all were really lovely to use. Im a big fan of their ingredients and love that this range is free of any nasties. You can tell they really took their ingredients seriously and made sure that they were the best ingredients to target different skin care concerns.

The packaging is another serious bonus. Its very high quality and feels very weighty and luxurious, whilst it doesn't effect the quality of the product, I always love when a company takes pride in their products appearance and they look pretty on my bathroom counter, I always find that makes me more excited to use them!

If they choose to expand the range, a night cream or a treatment mask would be a great addition, because whilst the routines are fantastic for overall skin care, they are just missing a couple products that you would use once a week for either intense hydration or a stronger clay based detoxifying mask just for a little extra oomph when you need it. But overall, Im really impressed with this collection and I feel it caters to every skin type and most skin concerns and I definitely recommend their products.  But knowing Bare Minerals, they always have new products coming out, so hopefully we will see new additions soon!


This collection will be made available soon on Mecca Cosmetica!

Until next time,
Anya xx

No comments :

Post a Comment