Pages



Monday 27 July 2015

Stila 'In the Light' Eyeshadow Palette Review



Stila 'In the Light' Eye Shadow Palette Review

This is, hands down, one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes ever, and as you can see from the photos it has been very well loved and used! It is rare that I say I would re buy a whole eyeshadow palette as I usually find other favourites or duplicates but I literally cannot imagine not having this palette in my collection. The variety of the colours allows for an array of looks from simple basics, brown smokey eyes, golden goddess eyes and a dark, blue toned dramatic eye. The eye shadows themselves are intensely pigmented and super blendable  
 This is one of those palettes where you will literally use every single colour. I use some more than others just because they create the perfect every day look, but I can make almost any look I want with a variation of these colours. It also comes with a brown pencil liner, and I love Stila eyeliners but I wish it were black purely because I use that colour more. The great sized mirror is also an added bonus as it is perfect for travelling. 
 'Bare' 
This is the perfect brow bone highlight, it blends outs what ever colour you've used as a transition and just completes the look and lifts your brow bone. I love that its matte because it looks far more natural then a sparkly shade.




 'Kitten'
Undoubtedly one of Stila's most popular shades, this colour is absolute perfect, super creamy and just sweeps onto the lids. Works great as either an inner corner highlight or a full lid colour or an inner high colour. It is brilliant for opening your eyes and making them look very bright. Another bonus is that it looks brilliant in photos!
'Bliss' 
Some people don't like this colour as it is too similar to some peoples lid colour. However, this is the perfect colour for a transition shade on my skin tone (lighter olive skin). It adds depth to the eye and blends darker shades brilliantly. As you can see from the photo I use this shade almost daily and will probably buy the full sized when this runs out.

 'Sunset'
Now I do not use this shade enough purely because I don't do many copper eye looks, but when ever I use it, it looks stunning and reflects the light in a way that makes my skin look more bronzed! Its crazy super pigmented and would work as an accent colour or just a sweep of colour across the lid. 





'Sandstone' 
I adore this chocolate brown for both my out corner, smudging under my lash line or in the crease/socket of my eye, especially when blended in with Bliss it creates stunning depth that make your eyes look bigger and brighter. A staple for a brown smokey eye! 
'Bubbly'
This is the perfect gold shade that I use either as a centre colour on my lid to blend from 'kitten' to 'sandstone' or just as a sweep of colour across the lid for a golden bronzed look. Like the other sparkly colours it is super pigmented and very soft and easy to pack on colour. That being said a very light layer is more than enough because of how well pigmented it is.

'Gilded Gold'
Again, I don't use this colour enough probably because I prefer a matte brown in my crease. That being said, it is stunning and the mix between the brown and gold makes a brilliant warm golden smokey eye and works very well on the outer corner.


'Luster'
This shade mind with the next two give the palette such versatility and allow for cooler eye looks which I adore. This colour is a serious multi-tasker as it works super well on its own or blended with numerous other shades to create a gradient and depth. This is flattering on all skin tones and I use it continuously.

'Night Sky'
This is such a beautiful shade and is super rich and pigmented. I don't usually go for cooler eye looks as I have warmer features (brown hair, hazel eyes) but when ever I use this, it picks up the green in my eyes and really makes them look wide and bright. Mixed with 'Luster' and 'Ebony' it makes the most beautiful blue/silver smokey eye.

'Ebony'
Every good palette that allows for smokey eyes needs a good black and this photo doesn't do this colour justice. It is so pigmented and dark and just a fantastic addition to the palette. It can either be packed onto the eye for a dramatic look or smudged into the upper and lower lash line for a softer look. Overall, a fantastic black eyeshadow and its definitely my favourite.

Here are swatches of all the colours ('Bare' on the left is quite hard to see). As you can see, they are super well pigmented and all just mix well together allowing for a huge amount of different looks. I will definitely be repurchasing this palette when I run out. If you are looking for a started palette or something to expand your collection, you cannot go past this palette. Incredible colour payoff and so well pigmented. 
I am yet to try out the other palettes in this range but if they are anything like this, I'm sure I will love them just as much!

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what else you'd like to see a post on!
Anya xx











No comments :

Post a Comment