Pages



Monday 11 April 2016

NYX Products & Swatches Part 4 - Lips


Hot Pink Mega Shine Lipgloss


Nothing is more fun than a bright pink lip, and this mega shine lipgloss makes the lips look bright, full and shiny! Usually lip glosses aren't very pigmented, but this is so vibrant and colourful! Its a fairly blue based pink so would probably suit lighter skin tones more, but I can see so many people being able to pull off this lovely colour.



Nude Mega Shine Lipgloss
Im a sucker for nude glosses and this is the perfect, muted peachy pink nude. Like the pink, its so pigmented and shiny and is the perfect lipgloss to throw in your bag and take anywhere as it just works with every look. Most lip glosses are really thick and sticky, whilst you can definitely feel this on your lips, my lips don't stick together nearly as much as with other glosses which is a great bonus.
Its so pigmented it can be worn on its own or over the top of a lipstick.



Nude Butter Gloss
I've heard so much hype over this gloss formula and it definitely lived up to its fame! Its super creamy and butter and just glides on the lips without feeling thick or sticky. Its pigmented and just the loveliest colour that suits absolutely everyone! Its definitely not shiny like the Mega Shines, but makes the lips look full, soft and velvety. Im going to say it, this is my favourite lipgloss formula ever! Its super affordable too which is an added bonus.


Pale Pink Lipstick
I love NYX lipstick formulas, they are soft, opaque, not too sheer, great colour payoff and just an overall great affordable lipstick. This pale pink colour is super feminine and would suit so many people, especially people with fair skin.


Pink Lipstick
I can definitely see this lipstick suiting someone with lovely olive undertones to the skin as the coral tone brings out a tan brilliantly. I love this lipstick in the summer because its so vibrant and fun. If I'm ever having a bag day, putting on this lipstick seriously cheers me up as it just brightens up my whole complexion.

Red Lipstick
Who doesn't love a good red lipstick?! This is the perfect blue based candy apple red that is a necessity in any ones collection. It works great on all skin tones, especially pale skin like me because of the undertone. Personally i prefer something a little more orange based when I'm a bit more tan. But this lipstick looks fantastic on me all year round and is the perfect finishing touch to any outfit for any event

Matte Red Lipstick
Matte lipstick has been super popular lately and I love the NYX formulation as it is still matte without being too drying. Its a very neutral based red so is super universal! The matte black packaging is super chic and just makes this product even better. If you want to give this trend a go, this is a great way to do so as its such high quality at a reasonable affordable price point.

                 Butter Pink Lipstick
Pink lipstick is my go to when I want a bright lip that isn't as strong as a red or a berry as its just very wearable especially during the day. I have very dry lips so this butter lipstick formula is so fantastic! Its super creamy and hydrating and buttery whilst still being vibrant and pigmented. Either apply straight from the tube or with a brush for a strong opaque colour or just dab on the lips with your finger for a soft flush of colour.

Pink Lip Liner
Pink Lip Liner x HotPink Mega Shine Gloss
If you're using the Pink mega shine lipgloss and want a base to match and line the lips, this lip liner matches perfectly! Its soft and creamy and doesn't tug on the lips which is nice as it makes it really easy to line the lips.


Purple Soft Matte Lip Cream
the formula of this liquid lipstick is fantastic, very soft and easy to apply and dries matte. The dark red based purple is really cool and great for a bold dark lip. I don't ware these colours too often but when I do, this is a great one! I only wish the formula was a tad thicker because if you don't apply i properly it can look streaky, it would be interesting to see if you used a lighter colour.

So this concludes my NYX series! I am incredibly grateful to the whole NYX team for creating such fantastic affordable products and to Scott Friedman for sending me so many goodies. I hope they make more of them available soon! If you're just starting out in makeup or if you want to grow your collection, NYX is very well priced and super high quality, I can't wait to try more of their products.. I hope you enjoyed this series, comment below your favourite NYX products or any that you think I should try!

Until next time,

Anya xx

No comments :

Post a Comment